5.29.2006

Completed: Meema's Felted Marsupial Tote


pre-felting

Specs:
Started: 1.2.06
Finished: 1.5.06
Pattern: SNB
Yarn: Brown Sheep Company Lamb's Pride Bulky in Old Sage and Roasted Coffee.
Needles: US Size 15 (I think) Denise Interchangeable Circulars, I don't remember what length...probably whatever the pattern specified.

This was my first experience felting. I enjoyed making this, not least of all because it was very quick. The bag started out pre-felting at 13" wide and 16" tall, and is now...uhh, I haven't measured, but...significantly smaller than that. I am so accustomed to failure that I was very pleasantly surprised to find that the bag did indeed felt, and seemed to do so with a fair amount of success. I will say that the colors did not turn out as I had hoped. I found Lamb's Pride's selection of browns to be disappointing to say the least. I was not hoping for the bottom half of the bag to look red--it will always feel like a Christmas bag I think. Nevertheless, I admit (despite all apparent good taste) to be slightly proud of it, and as such it is currently in use as my (probably temporary) knitting bag.


post-felting


the bag holds its head up high while carrying my current knits

Labels:


Comments:
That bag looks wonderful.
 
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! statewide dance competition and minnesota Learn web designing 20 Replica louie vitton handbags wholesale
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]