5.26.2006

Completed: Construction Hat



Specs:
Started: 1/11/06
Finished: 5/2/06
Pattern: My own
Yarn: Caron Wintuk in Baby Blue for the hat, and Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Denim, Black, and Grey Heather for the digger.
Needles: Addi Turbo Circulars US Size 6, 16" length

This is certainly not a project that should have taken me four months. It did, but only because of school and major procrastinating on figuring out a plan for making the digger. At first I tried to graph it on my computer using pictures from the web, but that became more complicated than I wanted to get. I ended up just winging it. The most disappointing thing wasn't the digger, but the hat itself in the end. I couldn't find a basic kid's pattern that I liked, so I made that up too, but ended up messing up the decreases. The hat is slightly pointy on top and a little too long. Oh well. Overall, I'm fairly pleased.


the recipient--my littlest brother

Upon receiving the hat, my little bro thanked me, then told me something to the effect of, "This is nice, but construction isn't my favorite thing anymore. I like animals now." Anybody know how I can get a good chart of a mole? (Side note: What little kid likes moles???)

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]