5.16.2006

Completed: Canvas Messenger Bag



This is the bag I made for the sewalong, based on the Craftster tutorial, and Mari's bag. The exterior is green canvas, and the interior is a striped cotton by Amy Butler. I added a zip pocket to the inside.



There are quite a few things that I would do differently if I were to make another messenger bag. The strap is much too wide and a little bit too short. The zip pocket is extremely shallow. I had some trouble figuring out exactly how to put the bag together in the final steps, and ended up doing it three times--by the last time I was just sick of doing it and thus my work was sloppy. The straps aren't quite centered on the sides, and the flap is not completely in the center. Also, the bag itself is a little smaller than I like. However, I feel like I learned a lot putting it together, and overall, I really like it.


Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]