1.05.2006

Completed: M's Socks

These socks are the first thing I've knit for M. He had said something awhile ago about wanting argyle socks, but as I was in a rush and had never completed a pair of socks anyway, I made up a rib pattern. I gave them to him for Christmas.


picture quality is something we here at wif would say we're working on

Specs:
Date: 12/19-12/23
Pattern: My own.
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport in Charcoal, 2 skeins.
Needles: I used US size 2 aluminum DPN's for the cuffs, and US size 3 bamboo DPN's for the rest.

I was very pleased with how these turned out, until M tried them on. They're rather loose on him. I'm either going to try threading some elastic through the cuff, or if I feel crazy enough just frogging them and completely redoing them. I dread the thought. But all in all, I think they were a success. I just realized I finally completed a pair of socks!!

Labels:


Comments:
Socks?! I'm very impressed! They actually look like socks! You're doing great with your knitting!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]