1.05.2006

Completed: Kittyville Hat


i have great love to wonky pompoms

Specs:
Date: 12/26-1/05
Pattern: SNB
Yarn: Brown Sheep Company Lamb's Pride Worsted in Wild Violet, less than one skein
Needles: US size 7 Denise Interchangeable Circulars 12" length and US size 7 Clover bamboo DPNs

Overall I'm very pleased with this hat. I refined my skills picking up stitches and working in seed stitch, and also learned to make i-cord. This was my first time working with Lamb's Pride, and I really liked it. I think I got better stitch definition with it than with other yarns I've worked with. It was softer than I thought it would be, which was pleasing. The only problem I really have with the hat is the ears. In truth, the whole thing defies every aspect of my ideal taste--the purpley-ness, the campy kitty ears, the pompoms. If I were just having a fun day in the cold, I could get into wearing a funny little earflapped hat. And maybe I could even deal with it being purple. But I really may take those ears out. This reminds me, I meant to mention sooner that though it seems every new project I finish is from SNB, I really don't like the projects in the book. I think the book is a good tool for a new knitter as far as its reference material is concerned. But the projects....oy...gimme a break, people. Anyhow, I think I feel a sense of obligation to make some of them because I bought the book. Oh well. I'll keep telling myself it's part of the learning process. Any thoughts on getting rid of the ears?

Labels:


Comments:
Very cute!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]