12.10.2005

WIPs

I finally got around to blocking some of my current projects a couple of days ago. I suppose I'm slightly more enthusiastic about working on them now.


folded over



flap open

This is a purse that I've been working on (or more accurately, not working on) for some time. I don't have a pattern, and I think that's been keeping me from making progress. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do next. I think I'm going to add interfacing, lining, and a pocket to the inside, though I'm not really sure how to go about that. As for the strap, I've got a long strip of garter stitch, but now I'm thinking I'll double it and sew it to itself for added strength. I'd also really like to get a strap adjuster, but I haven't had a lot of luck in finding one.



This is my Punk Rock Backpack from SNB. It's turning out...mediocrely, if I may say so. Doing the intarsia was a learning experience. I have many more ends hanging in the back than I should have, which terrifies me. Also, I'm not skilled at weaving in ends, and that also terrifies me. Add to that that I don't care for the bunny design, I should have used smaller needles, and all of the pieces I knit after the bunny are much too large, and you get a heaping load of non-enthusiasm for this project. C'est la vie. I will say, on a more optimistic note, I was pleased with how the bunny itself turned out.

P.S. I would just like to add that none of these pictures represent the actual items all too well...besides it being dark outside when I took them, I sort of botched them before posting them in a vain attempt to save space. Maybe later I'll get around to posting better pictures, but really I'll probably wait until I finish these to do them true justice.

Comments:
I think the bunny bag is cute! I always have more yarn ends hanging out when I work instarsia; I tend to pull the yarn too tightly if stranding. It does take more time to hide the ends but it's doable. Good luck!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]