6.06.2005

Ennui (but not in a bad way)

I only have four more classes left before my Summer A class ends. While that's a good thing, it also means that my Summer B class is not far off.
This summer has been going well. I have relaxed a lot (too much, no doubt), spent a lot of time with my family, started playing tennis again, starting reading for pleasure again, and (for the most part) kept up with cleaning the apartment. There are still things that I wish I were doing that I'm not--I had wanted to learn sewing, for example--but all in all, this summer has been a great success. This is especially true when I compare it with previous goal-packed summers, where I would do nothing but waste the days and tell myself that tomorrow I would start doing whatever it was I thought I should be doing.
It's pretty obvious from long breaks in between posts, but I'm bored of blogging. I'm really not interested in writing what I do. But I wouldn't want to post anything else anyway.
Before I end, I would just like to add that since the last post, I have finished several books: A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking, Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes, and Lenten Lands by Douglas H. Gresham. I am now really sort of in the middle of three books: Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin and Second Touch by Bodie & Brock Thoene have sort of taken a back seat to the third one (see below), which I am really enjoying. It's sort of a change-of-pace book for me. I'm supposed to start reading The Problem of Pain by C.S. Lewis, but I haven't done that yet.

currently reading:

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]